Sunday 5 October 2008

Prologue

The Secret Tramp

I have recently returned to London after an absence of more than thirty years, having decided to look for an ex - girlfriend whom I thought was dead but now believe may be alive.

This site is also partly a review site, as whilst looking for her, I will find some time to re - acquaint myself with the city I was born in and once loved by visiting some of my old haunts and places of interest, discovering new ones, as well as reminiscing about old establishments which are no longer there.

I will aim to document my travels and experiences, having acquired the services of a young friend to help me in my travels and who will be publishing my journal online, some of which I have already written and am continuing to write.

To make things more difficult, upon arriving I only have fifteen pence to my name. And for reasons that will become apparent later, I cannot live in the same place for more than a week.

The motivation for publishing my journal on - line is to record my efforts to find Willamina, and to document my thoughts on the changes in
London over the last thirty years.

Please bear in mind, for the purposes of storytelling convenience, some of this blog is fictional, although the names of establishments are real, or based on my memories or the memories and accounts of others which have been interwoven into the narrative. Alth
ough some elements of the story have occurred.

I want to discover a London lost to time. I'd like you to join me.

The Secret Tramp

No comments: